Swimming Pool FAQs, Rules & Policies
SAC has something for everyone, from preschool aged children to adult master swimmers. We offer private swim lessons and group classes for any skill range, from fun swims to triathlon-level.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What to wear in the pool?
- All swimmers should wear a well fitting, comfortable bathing suit.
- Long hair should be pulled back or put in a bathing cap.
- We do not recommend goggles or water shoes for our younger swimmers. However, goggles are recommended for Level 4 & above classes.
- Masks, armbands and other floating devices are not allowed during lessons. However, kick boards, noodles, diving rings and other teaching tools are provided.
- Swim diapers or rubber pants must be worn by children who are not 100% toilet trained and may be purchased at the Front Desk. (No conventional diapers)
Q: Where can we change?
A: There are two locker rooms: one for men the other for women. In cases where Dad’s are bringing daughters or Mom’s are bringing sons we offer alternate dressing rooms: unisex bathrooms located upstairs in the pool viewing area, across from the front desk, and the “Surf Shack” located in the pool area. Children over the age of five are not allowed in the opposite sex locker room.
Q: Where can parent watch?
A: We have found that having parents down on our pool deck is not only distracting to our classes but also poses a safety risk (especially with younger siblings running around). Parents are welcome to watch their child’s class from the pool viewing area, located upstairs. Toys and books are available for siblings.
Younger children should be escorted into the pool area where they are to sit on the white benches until the instructors take attendance. The instructors will then get them into the shower and pool together, as a class.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your lesson.
- Children are not allowed to enter the pool without the instructor, please have children sit on the bench until the instructor is ready to take them into the pool.
- Food, drinks and gum are not allowed on the pool deck or in the locker rooms. Snacks are allowed in the front lobby only.
- Band-Aids are not allowed in the pool.
- Children must leave the pool when their class ends to make room for the next class.
Pool Rules & Policies
SAC rules and policies are for the safety and enjoyment of all. Thank you for your cooperation.
- SAC members only
- Shoulder length hair should be tied back
- Please read & follow posted NH safety rules
- No lifeguard is on duty
- No diving
- Cleansing showers must be taken before entering the pool
- Please leave all other lap lanes open for swim lessons and adult swimming
- Lap lanes are for Lap Swimming/Water Walking only
- Lap lanes must be shared during busy times
- Family Swim is in lane 1 during scheduled times
- Swim bars are for lessons only
- No horseplay or foul language
- Please return equipment/toys after use
Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult either in the water or on the deck.
- Children over age of 5 are not allowed in opposite sex locker room. Please use “Surf Shack” located in pool deck area
- Parents and children may use the large shallow lane to play and swim.
- Children are welcome to swim and play ONLY during Family Swim times so as not to disrupt classes.
- Diapers are not allowed in the pool. Plastic pants or swim diapers should be worn and may be purchased at the front desk.
Summer HoursMon-Thu: 4:30am - 8:30pm
Fr: 4:30am - 7:30pm
Sat: 6am - 4pm
Sun: 6am - 3pm
Mon – Fri: 8:30am – 12pm
Mon – Thu: 5:15pm – 7:45pm
Sat – Sun: 8:30am – 11:30am
16 Manor Parkway
Salem, NH 03079