Join SAC today!BECOME A
American Red Cross Water Safety Instruction (WSI)
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course
• To train Instructor candidates to teach water safety, including the Basic Water Rescue and Personal Water Safety courses, six levels of Learn to Swim, three levels of Preschool Aquatics, two levels of Parent and Child Aquatics and three levels of Adult Swim.
• Must be at least 16 years old by June 14th (Proof of age required at Pre-test).
• Must have a minimum of Level IV swim skills.
• Those not passing first night skills test and prerequisites will have checks refunded.
• Complete all reading assignments.
• Attend all class sessions.
• Participate in all activities.
• Successfully complete all practice-teaching assignments.
• Demonstrate maturity and responsibility throughout the course.
• Must demonstrate competency in each skill taught.
• Pass the final written exam with a minimum grade of 80 percent
Dates and Times:
June 14th Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm
June 15th Sunday 9:00am – 6:00 pm
June 18th Wednesday 5:30pm – 9:00pm
June 20th Friday 5:30pm – 8:30pm
June 21st Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Cost: $ 325 – Must be paid at time of registration. Red Cross certificate and books/supplies are included in the cost. Due to the intense nature of this course, no make-ups will be given. Payment is due by June 6th. There is some computer on line work to be completed before the first day of class.
You may register by phone, by mail or in person at the Salem Athletic Club,
16 Manor Parkway, Salem, NH 03079. Please make checks payable to Salem Athletic Club. To register by phone call Salem Athletic Club at (603) 893-8612 and ask for the swim department.