Child proofing your medications
- Store medicine out of reach (and out of sight) of small children
- Do not keep medicine in purses or night stands (or keep purses out of reach as well)
- Do not limit medications to just oral remedies. Diaper rash creams, eye drops, ear drops, and vitamins can be just as dangerous, if they are ingested by children.
- Use the measuring cups (dosing cups) that are intended for medicine to prevent overdosing. Never use kitchen teaspoons as a means of measuring.
- Do not give young children adult medicine at smaller doses. Some medicines are not intended for children and can cause more damage.
- Put the toll-free Poison Help Number into your home and cell phone: 1-800-222-1222 –