Ask a Trainer: What are the Benefits of Working Out in the Water?
In the pool, the water’s unique properties provide a workout environment for people of all abilities. Buoyancy creates a reduced impact alternative that is easy on the joints while the water’s resistance challenges the muscles. Water lends itself to a well balanced workout that improves all major components of physical fitness: aerobic training, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility and body composition.
10 Good Reasons to Try Aqua Fitness
- Burns 400-500 calories/hour (based on a 150lb person)
- Doesn’t make you sweaty!
- Improves balance and coordination
- Easy on your joints
- Tones every part of your body
- Allows you to control the level of difficulty
- Maintains heart rate at a safe level
- Provides a cardiovascular workout equal to land aerobics
- Less intimidating than land aerobics ( no one knows if you miss a step)
- It’s FUN!
Have a question for one of our trainers? Just send it to AskATrainer@salemathleticclub.com